- Brown chana can be also known as chickpeas, kala chana, desi chana. It can be available in small and big form.
- Wash and soak kala chana (black chickpeas) in plenty of water, overnight. Sprouted and boiled Kala Chana are used in curries, subzis, pulaos and snacks like Oats Chaat, Kala Chana Ambti etc.
- The cooked chana can be used in salads, recipes like chana masala or eaten as a chaat with onions and tomatoes, lime juice and masala powders. It is a wonderful addition to Pani Puri.
- Kala chana is a form of conventional chickpeas. These lentils are very used in curries and chaats. These beans are a greataddition to salads especially sprouted ones.
- Kala chana is a small dark brown coloured chana with a rough coat, cultivated mostly in india and other parts of india.